Perhaps sensing that he did, in fact, lose the July 2 presidential election, something which most of the rest of the world recognizes, Andrés Manuel López Obrador is turning shrill. In his weekly speech to a dwindling number of supporters, AMLO accused the election magistrates, the TEPJF, of receiving "barrels of bribe money and offers of higher positions" in exchange for declaring Felipe Calderon the new Mexican president.
Here is today's new list of charges made by AMLO:
- Members of the TEPJF are receiving barrels of money and offers of higher positions and now they must decide whether to take the high road of truth, justice and the
AmericanMexican way or take the low road of treachery.
- President Vicente Fox is a liar and a cheat.
- President Fox is a hypocrite because he goes to Mass and to confession every Sunday yet has tried to destroy AMLO politically on at least 3 occasions.
- President Fox trods on democracy by allowing the government to continue in the hands of a minority.
- President Fox has negotiated with the rich and powerful as well as with the Mafia to retain power in the hands of, uh, all the aforementioned.
- Felipe Calderon is a dummy and is being controlled like a puppet.
- The federal government forced PRI and PRD state governors into supporting Calderon with vote quotas and financial contributions.
- The Washington Post's Watergate investigation was child's play in comparison to the massive fraud against AMLO now being revealed by AMLO himself ( responding "with all due respect" to last week's WaPo editorial calling him "messianic" and a "threat to real democracy").
- Repeated the 3 times per week charge that the media is out to get him.
- And lastly, and most hilariously, that Professor Elba Esther Gordillo, national head of the teachers union, is preparing an armed group of riot police to forcibly remove AMLO and his supporters from Mexico City's Zócalo.
for art, gifts and collectibles -- all hand made
by Mexican indigenous artists.
TAGS: Mexico election, Presidente Vicente Fox, Andrés Manuel López Obrador, AMLO, Elba Esther Gordillo