Friday, December 08, 2006

Mark in Mexico is finalist in 2006 Weblog Awards - thanks to all of you!


As you can see over there on the right, this blog has been selected as a finalist in the 2006 Weblog Awards. We were selected last year also so this makes it two years running. Thanks!

I don't know who nominated the blog this year. I've checked but I can't find it. Mark in Mexico was nominated last year by Joy-Ann Reid of the Reidblog. Now, Joy-Ann and I disagree on almost everything, except possibly that the sun does rise in the east and set in the other direction, basically. Opposites attract, I guess. When you visit her blog just be sure to remember to forget everything you read and skeedaddle back here for the really truly straight dope. I am sure that her advice to her readers would be about the same regarding MinM.

Let's put it this way. Joy-Ann and I have agreed to disagree. So long as everyone keeps in mind that Joy-Ann is a knee-jerk liberal, left-wing, commie, pinko *** and that MinM is a brown-shirted, jack-booted Nazi ****, you may all be able to keep everything sorted out.

If you follow the link at her name in the paragraph above, trust me that it was originally a cute post. But the soon-to-be-fired editor of MinM made a truly bone-headed mistake just last week. He was doing a little cleanup work over at Flickr and dumping unused photos, he thought. He dumped some that should not have been dumped. Now I've got to crawl through this entire blog, from day 1, to find missing photos and try to determine what they were. I should be able to accomplish this task by next Halloween.

Mark in Mexico finished in 4th or 5th place last year, I don't remember exactly. The blog is currently running a poor second to the Babalu Blog which mostly blogs about Cuber. I think that blog won it all last year and it would be extremely porcine of them to want to do the same this year, IMHO (but not, I'm sure, ITHO). It's a great blog in any event. Voting just opened yesterday so it's not too late for MinM to recover but we have a lot of ground to make up.

All you have to do to vote is click on the Weblog Award icon which will take you right to the page. Scroll down until you see the category "Best Latino, Caribbean or South American Blog" and click on that line. Then you'll see the blogs in contention for this category. I'm at the bottom of the list.

You may vote once every 24 hours. That should not be a problem for those of you who slavishly hang on my every word. And for those of you who hate my guts but cannot seem to tear yourselves away, why not vote for this blog, anyway? All you read is Narco News and this blog and the Narcs haven't been nominated this year. If this blog should win, you are almost guaranteed the opportunity to have me to kick around for at least another year. What's to lose?

I think that the first prize in our category is, tah dah, the right to place an icon on the blog that shouts out, "I'm a weener!" That's about it, actually. In all seriousness, these awards are the ultimate on the web. There are more than 55 million active blogs on the internet and there were about 4800 nominated for the Weblog Awards. Out of that 4800, only 480 were chosen as finalists. So, just to make the list of finalists is a great honor. Of course, to win a category WOULD BE AN EVEN GREATER HONOR. Ahem. Where was I?

Ah, yaas. Please take the few seconds every day to vote. I'd really appreciate it. I've added a little blurb there on the bottom of each post to kind of give you a rib jab every single solitary time you visit the blog.



Don't forget to vote in the 2006 Weblog Awards!



Please visit the Pale Horse Galleries online store
for art, gifts and collectibles -- all hand made
by Mexican indigenous artists.
Thanks!

TAGS:

No comments: