Friday, June 03, 2005

"I'm really a sad, pathetic case."

Mike Tyson:
I'll never be happy. I believe I'll die alone. I would want it that way. I've been a loner all my life with my secrets and my pain. I'm really lost, but I'm trying to find myself.

My whole life has been a waste - I've been a failure.

I just want to escape. I'm really embarrassed with myself and my life. I want to be a missionary. I think I could do that while keeping my dignity without letting people know they chased me out of the country. I want to get this part of my life over as soon as possible. In this country, nothing good is going to come of me. I'm so stigmatized, there is no way I can elevate myself.

They would give (the late) Jeffrey Dahmer a second chance before they gave me another one. If you saw a (police) lineup and saw Tyson and Dahmer and they asked, 'Who killed and ate those people?' you would pick me and not Jeffrey.

People are trying to force me to redeem (myself) - certain women, certain mentors. Nobody's going to change me. I'm going to fight that. You can't change me; you can't tame me. When you say that, I'm going to bite you even harder. I'm more ferocious, more complicated. I'm not going to let anybody win a popularity contest off my conduct.

You have to understand. It is a pervasive (belief) that I'm an animal - undomesticated as well. But regardless of the bizarre (stuff) I've done, I'm a very rational individual. But everybody still thinks I'm crazy and stupid because that's what they want to believe.

Sex is not a great issue with me anymore. I'm just guilty about my sexual conquests when I was younger. I'm no longer a threat to white society, black society.

If you lay down with dogs, you get fleas (speaking about Don King). I associated with a lot of dogs. That's why I carry the weight of a fool alone.
Well, yeah.

Linked to: brogonzo (with photos)

UPDATE: email from Jeff Goldstein:
In a different life, Tyson would have made a nice, bulked up Oprah...
Good point, that.
.

No comments: