Reader Ricardo Hernández from Puebla sends an Email with some facts that you absolutely, positively have to know. Please memorize these facts before you turn in tonight. There will be a quiz (of the pop type).
1. A cow can ascend stairsteps, but cannot descend them.Now, I don't like to be hyper-critical, but I do have just one small bone to pick with this list, Ricardo. The Spanish card deck, the baraja, has four suits. But they are "oros" (gold coins), "copas" (gold goblets), "bastos" (clubs) and "espadas" (swords -- or spades). There is no King of Hearts because there is no heart suit. However, the King of Copas is the only one of the four who is moustache free.
2. Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
3. Johann Sebastian Bach once walked 200 miles to arrive at an organ recital by Buxtehude.
4. Wrigley's chewing gum was the first product in the world to carry a label with a bar code.
5. Frogs have teeth.
6. The 3 industries that are, far and away, the worst contaminators of air are the steel, iron and cement industries.
7. In the Spanish card deck called a "baraja", roughly equivalent to our 52 card poker deck, only the King of Hearts has no moustache.
8. The majority of the Chinese cannot see the color purple.
9. A snail can sleep for as long as 3 years.
10. Mel Blanc was allergic to carrots.
for art, gifts and collectibles -- all hand made
by Mexican indigenous artists.
Cross posted at Pale Horse Galleries
TAGS: Oaxaca, Mexico, Oaxaca teachers strike, Pale Horse Galleries, gifts, collectibles, Mexican arts and crafts, baraja, Rey de Copas