Friday, November 10, 2006

Detroit Red Wings win 8th straight in 2nd straight shutout


I hesitate to do this, I really do. A month or so ago I wrote a post on the Pittsburgh Steelers and featured a photo of wide receiver Hines Ward. The Steelers have not won a game since.

A couple of months ago I bragged up on the Yankees. The World Series trophy is now being dragged through the streets of America's most dangerous city, St. Louis, after a hard fought win over America's second most dangerous city, Detroit.

Mark in Mexico, http://markinmexico.blogspot.com/, Pale Horse Galleries for gifts, collectibles, arts and crafts, http://palehorsemex.vstore.ca/, Detroit Red Wings win 8th straight game and 2nd straight shutout as they beat their closest division rival, Nashville, 3-1.

I just can't resist putting the Red Wings at risk of the dreaded MiM (Mark in Mexico) curse. The Wings just whacked Nashville, their closest pursuer in their division, 3-0. This was the Wings' EIGHTH STRAIGHT win and second straight shutout.

I might note that in the shutout a couple of nights ago of Edmonton, the defending Stanley Cup champions did not get a single shot off in the first period (the first 1/3 of the game, approx.). Their offense was paid the ultimate compliment by the Wings' goaltender, Dominator Hasek, who said, "I really didn't have to make any saves the entire game." Smack-down!

Did you hear the one about the beaver that waddled onto the ice at Joe Louis Arena and asked, "Hey, where's the goal tender?" No? Do you now wish you had never heard it? (Warning: Do not Google "beaver" without Adult Filter engaged. In one of my English classes the children were reading a story about a beaver and a duck. None of them had ever seen a beaver. "Beaver" in Spanish is "castor", in case you were curious. "Beaver" in Spanish is "castor", even if you weren't curious. In any event, I waddled over to the computer and stupidly Image Googled "beaver". I had a heart attack but the kiddies all thought it was quite jolly.)

I might further note that Nashville was cruising along with a nifty little 5 game win streak of their own before having their lips slapped off by Detroit.

Sigh. I await Detroit's inevitable collapse.


Please visit the Pale Horse Galleries online store
for art, gifts and collectibles -- all hand made
by Mexican indigenous artists.
Thanks!

TAGS: , ,

No comments: