Writing in the German news magazine Der Spiegal, writer Yassin Musharbash details a new book by Jordanian Fouad Hussein. Hussein is widely regarded as an expert on Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, al Qaeda's front man in Iraq (or Syria or Iran or wherever he has gone to ground). Here is al Qaeda's 7 point plan to conquer the world, according to Hussein:
1. "The Awakening", 2000 - 2003, already completed. This first phase was to awaken the Muslim fighters to the war to establish the world-wide caliphate. 9/11 was the part of this process designed to force America to declare war on Islam, thereby "awakening" all Muslim peoples.
2. "Opening Eyes", 2004 - 2006, the current phase. Iraq should become the center for all global operations, with an "army" set up there and bases established in other Arabic states. This phase is described by Hussein as "making the Western conspiracy aware of the 'Islamic community'", whatever that means.
3. "Arising and Standing Up", 2007 - 2010. In this phase Syria will become the center of attention with attacks on Turkey, Jordan and Israel.
4. The Fourth Phase, 2010 - 2013. Al-Qaida will aim to bring about the collapse of the hated Arabic governments in, I suppose, virtually all Arab countries. That would include Jordan, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, UAE, Oman and Yemen (I don't think I left any out). At the same time attacks will be carried out against oil suppliers and the US economy will be targeted using cyber terrorism. Please note that Hussein has made the same mistake here that is repeated all over the world, in the West as well as in the Middle East. There are many more non-Arab Islamic governments that must fall than there are Arab governments. The Egyptians, Iranians, Syrians, Palestinians, Turks, Indonesians, Algerians, 2/3rds of the Iraqis and none of the Africans are Arabs. I believe, however, their governments are slated to be brought down, also.
5. The Fifth Phase, 2013 - 2016. The Islamic state, or caliphate, can be declared. The plan is that by this time Western influence in the Islamic world will be so reduced and Israel weakened so much, that resistance will not be feared. The new world order - the caliphate - can be instituted.
6. "Total Confrontation", 2016 onward. As soon as the caliphate has been declared the "Islamic army" will instigate the final "fight between the believers and the non-believers" (that would be the "us" against the "them").
7. "Definitive Victory." In the terrorists' eyes, because the rest of the world will be so beaten down by the "one-and-a-half million (sic - there are 1 and 1/2 billion, with a "b") Muslims," the caliphate will undoubtedly succeed.
Well, looks like a plan to me. The only problem with it, as writer Musharbash points out, is that the first two phases look like they have been cobbled together from current and recent past events, as though to show that there was a master plan when it all started. There is another flaw that neither the writer nor the author seem to detect. That flaw is The United States of America, its government(s), its people, its military and its economy. I don't think we'll just stand still while this plan goes forward. I suppose they are trying to take General Eisenhower's advice that, "All plans go out the window when the first shot is fired. Planning is everything."
TAGS: Islam, Muslim, al Qaeda, terrorists, caliphate, America