Thursday, January 13, 2005

CBS News - WHACK! SLAP! BONK!

In What's Ailing CBS News? Let's Make a Not-So-Little List former CBS News chief Gordon Van Sauter is no less than brutal with his former employer, and television and print MSM in general. To wit, re: CBS;

Well, for one thing, it has no credibility. And no audience, no morale, no long-term emblematic anchorperson and no cohesive management structure. Outside of those annoyances, it shouldn't be that hard to fix.

Ouch.

However, I don't understand this. He states,
...CBS Chairman Les Moonves, the most effective executive in broadcasting today...
on the heels of
...no cohesive management structure.
How long has Moonves been there, 2 weeks? He doesn't sound too effective to me. If I were put in charge of an organization, and I don't care whether it were Jose's Hat Shop or General Motors, I'd have a cohesive management structure installed in less than a month or I'd be the only one left standing. And get fired for having no management structure at all. Which would be very annoying.

Just sayin'.

No comments: