Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I'm back - much rain

I couldn't post yesterday due to the heavy rain. We are bracketed by hurricanes, Otis to the left and Stan to the right. It started raining yesterday morning about 7:00, I went to bed at midnight and it was still raining, woke up about 3:30 AM, still raining, but by 6:00 this morning the rain had stopped. I would guess that a conservative estimate would be that we received an inch an hour for about 22 hours, or 22 inches of rain. Needless to say, there is a lot of water everywhere. The state of Chiapas got it even worse as they received both the wind from Stan as well as even more rain. There will be lots of fatalities in both states.

One problem here with heavy rain is the incessant 10 minute power outage. I restarted and rebooted the computer 3 times yesterday morning inside 45 minutes and gave up. I had written a long post explaining Harriet Miers' judicial philosophy, the tactics required to quickly crush the Zarqawi terrorists in Iraq, the easy solution to Iran's nuclear ambitions, a six month regime change plan for North Korea as well as a day job for Cindy Sheehan. I lost it all when the lights went out.

No matter, I'll try to reproduce the post from memory over the next couple of decades so you won't miss out on anything.

TAGS: , ,

No comments: