Thursday, December 08, 2005

Have a MerryO'Reilly Christmas, or else!

There's a lot of emotion -- and I can hear it in your voice too, [caller]. There's a lot of emotion tied into Christmas. You know why? Because it's our earliest Christmas memories. You know, I have a memory of me sitting on my stairs in my Levittown house, four rooms, and looking at this Christmas tree about 5:30 in the morning, my parents were still asleep, my sister was still asleep. And I just stood -- I just sat on the stairs and stared at that Christmas tree with all the gifts underneath. That is one of my earliest memories; maybe I was three, maybe four. OK? And I -- it was such a magical time for me as a child. It was just magic. The whole thing was magical. I never felt better as a kid than I did at Christmas time. I loved everything about Christmas. And I submit to you that 80 percent of Americans feel the way that I do. All right? That they just remember as a child the joy the season brought.

I am not going to let oppressive, totalitarian, anti-Christian forces in this country diminish and denigrate the holiday and the celebration. I am not going to let it happen. I'm gonna use all the power that I have on radio and television to bring horror into the world of people who are trying to do that. And we have succeeded. You know we've succeeded. They are on the run in corporations, in the media, everywhere. They are on the run, because I will put their face and their name on television, and I will talk about them on the radio if they do it. There is no reason on this earth that all of us cannot celebrate a public holiday devoted to generosity, peace, and love together. There is no reason on the earth that we can't do that. So we are going to do it. And anyone who tries to stop us from doing it is gonna face me.
Bill O'Reilly has a point. O'Reilly almost always has a point, even when he's wrong. But, mercy me, you would think that a guy with his smarts and years of experience could scrounge up a bit more tactful way to present his points. Here's wishing that he'll have a really Merry Christmas this year and calm down just a level or five.

TAGS: ,

Weblog Awards Logo
Please vote HERE for Mark in Mexico - Thanks!

No comments: