Thursday, December 15, 2005

Morgan Freeman is ON FIRE

What's not to like and admire about these statements from one of my favorite actors? (I started to type, "favorite black actors.")
Morgan Freeman says the concept of a month dedicated to black history is "ridiculous."

"You're going to relegate my history to a month?"

Freeman notes there is no "white history month," and says the only way to get rid of racism is to "stop talking about it."

The actor says he believes the labels "black" and "white" are an obstacle to beating racism.

"I am going to stop calling you a white man and I'm going to ask you to stop calling me a black man"
Wow! I really like that. Morgan Freeman is one of my favorite actors, if not my favorite. One thing that made March of the Penguins so endearing to me was Freeman's voice. And his intro of War of the Worlds? Frightening. Even in the bomb The Bonfire of the Vanities, his speech to the courtroom at the end of the movie left me spellbound. As best I can remember parts of it, "Go on home now and be decent. Be decent like your grandmother taught you. Just be decent."

Morgan Freeman seems like a decent man to me.


La Shawn Barber has more.
Joe Gandelman has some thoughts
Conservative Cat
Bill Nienhuis
Clear and Present

Cake Eater Chronicles


TAGS: , ,

Weblog Awards Logo
Please vote HERE for Mark in Mexico - Thanks!

No comments: