Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Halogen type fluid. Only the best for you, sweety.

Tom and Ray Magliozzi are two experts on cars, especially used cars. I used to listen to them on PBS radio - Car Talk - all the time. I wasn't that interested in cars but they are a hoot to hear. They are from way downtown Boston and have a great time helping people with car maintenance problems. This is an honest to goodness letter they received which was reprinted in the Detroit News.
Dear Tom and Ray:

I am writing you at my dad's request. Recently, my boyfriend offered to change the oil in my car for me. I have a 1992 Olds 88 in very good condition (180,000 miles).

Up until now, my dad has maintained it. My boyfriend charged me $45 for parts and nothing for the work.

He said most of the cost was to refill the fluid levels in the headlights.
I'll repeat that if you didn't quite catch it the first time.
He said most of the cost was to refill the fluid levels in the headlights.

When I informed my dad of this, he called me an idiot and told me not to see this boy ever again.

When I asked why, he said to write to you guys.

I don't understand. My boyfriend said he used the "halogen" type fluid, which is supposed to be better than the standard type. What did I do wrong?

Melissa
Click on the Detroit News link to read their answer to poor Melissa.


TAGS: ,

No comments: