Thursday, January 19, 2006

Wil's Notes from William Dipini, Jr.

I'll check Sitemeter occasionally to see where my traffic is originating. I found that someone had visited this blog from a blog named Wil's Notes. It is a new blog being published by William Dipini, Jr.. He describes himself as a male from the Bronx, NY. and graduate of John Jay College of Criminal Justice in 2005 with a B.A. in Government, which means he is quite young. He has my blog on his blogroll which means that he is hyper-intelligent. He also has on his blogroll one Michelle Malkin who leans just slightly to the right of Genghis Khan and one Matthew Iglesias who leans just slightly to the left of Lavrenty Beria. I exaggerate, but only slightly.

Judging by the very few posts he has written so far, I would guess him to be center to center-right, politically speaking. I think he may be one of only five known Republicans in the Bronx (6 when George Steinbrenner is in town). He looks to be attempting to call'em like he sees'em, in other words, fair. That won't last long. Once upon a time I attempted to be middle-of-the-road and as fair as I knew how to be. However, the vitriol and bitterness of the nonstop 24/7 attacks from the left has pushed me into territory that I did not anticipate exploring.

Possibly my biggest problem in this regard may be the fact that I am completely alone down here as far as having any opportunity to actually speak to someone about any particular issue of the day. That makes it very difficult to maintain a sense of balance or proportion, politically speaking. The only communication I have with the outside world is through the blogs, FOXNews and CNN International. Not exactly a well-rounded sphere of influence around me, I know.

I hope that Wil can continue his fairmindedness and I'll be visiting him frequently to see if he can avoid that slippery slope into extreme partisanship which I find myself sliding down at a rate of about, oh, 240mph.

Welcome to the blogosphere, Wil, and good luck with your equilibrium.


TAGS: , , ,

No comments: