Ken Livingston (mayor of London) has explained over and over again that Britain is now a multicultural, multi-ethnic society;
- Polish plumbers helping Nigerian witches to learn the art of welding
- Greek lady-men teaching disabled Iranian dentists how to play the bouzouki.
- A veritable pick’n’mix of ethnical diversity
- A rainbow of skin tones and religion.
- A hundred different cultures, all working together in right-on perfect harmony
- Little Jewish boys playing football with little Muslim girls
Jeremy Clarkson says, "What I think of Albanians now is exactly the same as what I thought of Albanians when they lived in Albania. Nothing, because I don’t know any."
- Southall High Street is almost exclusively Indian.
- Brixton is predominantly black.
- Golders Green is Jewish.
- Asians come with other Asians.
- Black kids come with other black kids.
- Golfers come with other golfers.
- chat rooms for Muslims,
- chat rooms for Hindus,
- chat rooms for Poles
- We co-exist like birds.
I'm not sure that I agree with Clarkson's proposal:
"Instead of forcing a Pakistani teenager to swear allegiance to the flag and learn English and get some crummy certificate of Britishness from the local mayor, why not let him be a Pakistani who happens to live in Bradford? Let him go to a Muslim school. Let him support Pakistan when they play England at cricket. Let him be what he wants to be. "
But it is a hell of a lot closer to reality than is Livingston's.