Friday, June 09, 2006

Here's a tip for the FBI


U.S ambassador to Mexico, Tony Garza, announced a $5 million bounty on the head of one Jorge Eduardo Costilla Sanchez. Costilla is suspected of being the head of the Gulf cartel, currently engaged in open warfare on the streets of Nuevo Laredo with the Tijuana cartel, or some cartel.

In any event, I would like to have seen a photo of the wanted man. You know, for identification purposes. For all I know, I may have seen him a dozen times. But I cannot find a photo of the guy. I searched Google images for him and all possible permutations of his name that I could think of -- Jorge Eduardo Costilla, Jorge Costilla Sanchez, Jorge Sanchez, Jorge Eduardo Costillo Sanchez, Jorge Eduardo Costillo -- all to no avail. I also searched the FBI's website, again to no avail.

Costilla Sanchez is wanted by the U.S. government on 12 counts of drug trafficking and money laundering and is also wanted for assaulting a federal law enforcement officer. But we don't have a photo of him. Or, we don't care to share that photo. But we'll pay $5 million to whomever can identify him and turn him in.

So, I thought I would send an email to the FBI requesting a photo of Sr. Costilla Sánchez. Ever try to send an email to the FBI? I cannot find an email address. There is a form to fill out for a "crime tip". I don't exactly have a crime tip. I have a crime-fighting tip. If you want somebody badly enough to pay $5 million for his head, give us a photo of said head.


Please visit the Pale Horse Galleries online store
for art, gifts and collectibles -- all hand made
by Mexican indigenous artists.
Thanks!

TAGS: , ,

No comments: