Saturday, July 29, 2006

Mel Gibson's Apology (released through second party)


This, according to the AP, is Mel Gibson's apology, as released by his publicist, Alan Nierob:
After drinking alcohol on Thursday night, I did a number of things that were very wrong and for which I am ashamed. I drove a car when I should not have, and was stopped by the L.A. County sheriffs. The arresting officer was just doing his job and I feel fortunate that I was apprehended before I caused injury to any other person.

I acted like a person completely out of control when I was arrested, and said things that I do not believe to be true and which are despicable. I am deeply ashamed of everything I said and I apologize to anyone who I have offended.

Also, I take this opportunity to apologize to the deputies involved for my belligerent behavior. They have always been there for me in my community and indeed probably saved me from myself. I disgraced myself and my family with my behavior and for that I am truly sorry.

I have battled the disease of alcoholism for all of my adult life and profoundly regret my horrific relapse. I apologize for any behavior unbecoming of me in my inebriated state and have already taken necessary steps to ensure my return to health.
Well, that's a start. If, however, Gibson does not come forward personally to apologize, we can assume that the apology was written by his lawyers, agents, publicists and other assorted hangers-on desperate to save their golden goose. Even then, even if he does come forward personally but then does not take some serious, public steps to make amends with the those of the Hebrew persuasion, we can further assume that his apology is less than sincere.


Please visit the Pale Horse Galleries online store
for art, gifts and collectibles -- all hand made
by Mexican indigenous artists.
Thanks!

TAGS: ,

No comments: